Press Release - June 22nd, 2012:
High-wattage star power and notable creative teams from Disney's favorite series for kids and families are the centerpiece of Disney Channel and Disney XD's fan meetings at the leading pop culture convention, Comic-Con International 2012
, FRIDAY, JULY 13 and SATURDAY, JULY 14 in San Diego. Included in the stellar guest line-up are: Elijah Wood and Bruce Boxleitner with executive producer Charlie Bean and consulting producers Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz from "TRON: Uprising;" Jason Morgan Ritter, creator Alex Hirsch and creative director Michael Rianda from "Gravity Falls," and "Fish Hooks" creator Noah Z. Jones, executive producer Maxwell Atoms, along with Justin Roiland and Kari Wahlgren. Also, Vincent Martella, Alyson Stoner, Dee Bradley Baker, and co-creators Dan Povenmire and Swampy Marsh from the Emmy Award-winning "Phineas and Ferb" will screen a clip of the epic summer episode "Where's Perry, Part 1;" noted creator and animation producer Craig McCracken will show a sneak peek of his upcoming comedy series for Disney Channel, "Wander Over Yonder."
Disney XD will break out exclusive advance clips of new "Motorcity" episodes and the upcoming series "Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja."
(Editors please note: Images are available for downloading at www.disneychannelmedianet.com
Registration Required). Disney Channel and Disney XD Panels at Comic-Con International 2012:
- FRIDAY, JULY 13, 2:15 - 3:15 p.m. (Room 6A) "TRON: Uprising": Voice cast Elijah Wood ("Beck") and Bruce Boxleitner ("Tron") join executive producer/director Charlie Bean and consulting producers Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz. The panel will also feature never-before-seen clips of Disney XD's turbo-charged original series "Motorcity" and a sneak peek of the upcoming animated series "Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja." The panel will be moderated by Daily Variety film editor Josh Dickey.
- SATURDAY, JULY 14, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. (Room 6A) "Phineas and Ferb": Creators/executive producers Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh join cast members Vincent Martella ("Phineas"), Alyson Stoner ("Isabella") and Dee Bradley Baker ("Perry"). The panel will also include an exclusive sneak peek of this summer's epic two-part cliffhanger episode "Where's Perry?" Special guest moderator to be announced at Comic-Con.
- SATURDAY, JULY 14, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. (Room: 5AB) Disney Channel Television Animation: Fans can see exclusive footage and clips from upcoming episodes of Disney Channel's BAFTA award-winning series "Fish Hooks" and its newest mystery adventure series "Gravity Falls," plus a first look at the upcoming series "Wander Over Yonder." Panelists include: "Fish Hooks" creator/executive producer Noah Z. Jones and executive producer Maxwell Atoms and voice talent Justin Roiland ("Oscar") and Kari Wahlgren ("Shellsea"); "Gravity Falls" creator Alex Hirsch and creative director Michael Rianda and voice talent Jason Morgan Ritter ("Dipper"), and "Wander Over Yonder" creator Craig McCracken and co-producer Lauren Faust. The panel will be moderated by Eric Coleman, Senior Vice President, Original Series, Disney Television Animation.
Press Release - June 22, 2012:
USA, which is currently dominating summer’s television landscape with a record number of original hits, returns to Comic-Con
(R) for the fourth year in a row with its critically acclaimed fan favorite hit series PSYCH. The USA panel will take place as Comic-Con kicks off on Thursday, July 12.
PSYCH, USA’s longest running hit series currently on air, will feature a panel along with additional surprises for their loyal Comic Con fan base. As in previous years – guests such as Tears For Fears’ Curt Smith, a performance by The Friendly Indians singing the show’s theme song “I Know, You Know,” and a hilarious shout-out from William Shatner — PSYCH will not disappoint the thousands of ‘PSYCH-Os’ who will fill the ballroom, as there will be plenty of hijinks planned for the panel. The entire main cast will be on stage, including James Roday, who stars as Shawn Spencer, solving crimes for the Santa Barbara police department in his own special way; Dulé Hill who co-stars as Shawn’s best friend and reluctant sidekick Gus; Corbin Bernsen as Shawn’s disapproving father Henry; and Maggie Lawson and Timothy Omundson who play the police detectives O’Hara and Lassiter who unwillingly rely on Shawn’s psychic skills, along with the police chief Vick played by Kirsten Nelson. Joining the panel will be creator and executive producer Steve Franks and executive producers Chris Henke and Kelly Kulchak.
The #1 network in all of basic cable, USA Network is seen in 115 million U.S. homes. USA is a leader in scripted programming with a powerful stable of originals including POLITICAL ANIMALS, Suits, Necessary Roughness, WHITE COLLAR, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, PSYCH, Covert Affairs, COMMON LAW and FAIRLY LEGAL. The network offers 52 weeks of spectacular live television with WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW and is home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, a broad portfolio of acquired series and entertainment events. A trailblazer in digital innovation and storytelling, USA is defining, driving and setting the industry standard for Social TV. USA is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal. The award-winning website is located at www.usanetwork.com
. Characters Welcome.
Press Release - June 22nd, 2012:
Besides being America’s biggest comic convention, Comic-Con International: San Diego
has become ground zero for publishers to premiere special, exclusive editions of their products to legions of dedicated fans. Without further ado, here are the offerings that will be available from IDW Publishing!
Some of the titles below will be available for pre-order from IDW’s Web store
beginning June 22nd. Fans who preorder will be able to pick up their books from the IDW booth at Comic-Con.
A limited edition of the hotly anticipated DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN ARTIST’S EDITION will be on hand. Packaged in a deluxe slipcase, signed, numbered, and featuring a variant cover of David Mazzucchelli’s historic artwork, this edition will be limited to 250 copies and priced at $200. It will be available for pre-order from IDW’s Web store.
Speaking of Artist’s Editions, an exclusive version of SERGIO ARAGONÉS’ GROO THE WANDERER: ARTIST’S EDITION will be premiered at Comic-Con as well! Signed, numbered, and limited to 250 copies, this edition will feature a variant cover and be priced at $150. This title will be available for pre-order from IDW’s Web store.
Continuing the late creator’s legendary legacy, IDW will have an exclusive edition of DAVE STEVENS: COVERS AND STORIES on hand. The convention-exclusive edition will have a variant cover, limited to 250 copies, of which only 100 will be available at Comic-Con, priced at $60, only available at the IDW booth!
A special convention-exclusive edition of PARKER: THE SCORE by Darwyn Cooke will also be available, featuring a variant dust jacket and numbered signature plate that is signed and numbered by Darwyn! This edition is limited to just 175 copies, priced at $60, and will only be available at IDW’s booth.
For Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fans, IDW has a special surprise! For this convention only, IDW is producing a very special set of TMNT ULTIMATE COLLECTIONS 1-3. The three volumes will come in a deluxe, full-color slipcase. Priced at $200, there will only be 40 of the black-and-white-cover convention-exclusive editions! These sets will be available for preorder through IDW’s Web store.
An exclusive hardcover edition of LOCKE & KEY VOLUME 5: CLOCKWORKS will be available as well. This full-color hardcover will be priced at $30 and limited to 300 copies available only at IDW’s booth.
For the hardcore LOCKE & KEY fans, IDW will also have limited quantities of new, high-quality pewter key replicas! 200 “Legacy Edition” OMEGA KEYS and GHOST KEYS and 50 copies of theWHISPERING IRON will be available for $25 each, only at IDW’s booth.
Ashley Wood and his incredible robotic concern ThreeA will be a part of IDW’s booth with exclusives in tow! Ash and company will be bringing along the first-ever ZOMB toy, a zombified departure from his famous robots, but in his inimitable style! The ZOMB toy will be blind-boxed, meaning which ZOMB is in the box is a mystery! The ZOMBS will be priced at $100, limited to 250 pieces, and available for pre-order through the exclusive ZOMB pre-order site
In conjunction with Ash’s presence in the IDW booth, two deluxe hardcover collections will be available as well! Limited to 500 copies each and priced at $75 and $50 respectively, the complete LOREand ZOMBIES VS. ROBOTS will be available for pre-order through IDW’s Web store.
Joe Juskofans, pay attention! A special convention-exclusive variant edition of THE ART OF JOE JUSKO will be available at the IDW booth! Limited to just 100 copies and signed and numbered with a variant cover, this edition will be priced at $100 and only available at the show.
Fans of powerhouse creator Amanda Conner can also rejoice, as there will be an exclusive variant edition of THE ART OF AMANDA CONNER priced at $60 and available for pre-order from IDW’s Web store. Additionally, Amanda will be signing at the IDW booth throughout the show! It's a perfect opportunity for fans to get their new exclusive book signed.
For the many sketch-seekers at Comic-Con, this year IDW will have their very own branded sketchbooks! Priced at $20, these hardcover books are full of high-quality art paper that fans will treasure for years once they’ve been filled with drawings by their favorite artists. Additionally, each fan that purchases a sketchbook will be entered to win a mystery sketchbook with a selection of drawings from several of the artists that will be at the IDW booth during the show!
IDW will also be bringing along some exclusive single-issue comics priced at $5 each:
- TMNT #11will be available with a full-color cover by TMNT creator Kevin Eastman!
- THE CROW #1 will be available with an eye-catching exclusive cover by series artist Kevin Colden!
- THE CAPE: 1969 #1 will be available with an exclusive variant by series artist Nelson Daniel!
- LOVE AND CAPES: WHAT TO EXPECT #1 will be available with an exclusive variant cover by series mastermind Thom Zahler!
- G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO #180 will be on hand with a special variant cover featuring Vietnam-era Snake Eyes!
In addition to the surprises in store for fans at IDW’s many convention panels, these exclusives should go a long way toward cementing another excellent year at San Diego Comic-Con in IDW’s history!
- THE ART OF AMANDA CONNER (VARIANT)- $60 - Available for preorder
- THE ART OF JOE JUSKO (VARIANT)- $100
- DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN ARTIST’S EDITION – $200 – Available for pre-order
- DAVE STEVENS: COVERS AND STORIES(VARIANT) - $60
- G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO #180 (VARIANT)- $5
- IDW SKETCHBOOK- $20
- LOCKE & KEY VOLUME 5: CLOCKWORKSHC - $30
- LOCKE & KEY: OMEGA, GHOST, and WHISPERING IRON KEYS- $25
- THE COMPLETE LORE HC- $75 - Available for preorder
- LOVE AND CAPES: WHAT TO EXPECT #1 (VARIANT)- $5
- PARKER: THE SCORE (VARIANT)- $60
- SERGIO ARAGONÉS’ GROO THE WANDERER: ARTIST’S EDITION - $150 - Available for preorder
- TMNT #11 (VARIANT)- $5
- TMNT ULTIMATE COLLECTIONS 1-3 Set- $200 – Available for pre-order
- THE CROW #1 (VARIANT)- $5
- THE CAPE: 1969 #1 (VARIANT)- $5
- ZOMB Toy by ASHLEY WOOD- $100 – Available for pre-order
- THE COMPLETE ZOMBIES VS. ROBOTS HC - $50
to learn more about the company and its top-selling books. IDW can also be found at and tumblr and on Twitter at @idwpublishing.About IDW Publishing
IDW is an award-winning publisher of comic books, graphic novels and trade paperbacks, based in San Diego, California. Renowned for its diverse catalog of licensed and independent titles, IDW publishes some of the most successful and popular titles in the industry, including: Hasbro’s The TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE, Paramount’s Star Trek; HBO’s True Blood; the BBC’s DOCTOR WHO; Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; Toho’s Godzilla; Wizards of the Coast's Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons; and the Eisner-Award winning Locke & Key series, created by best-selling author Joe Hill and artist Gabriel Rodriguez. IDW is also home to the Library of American Comics imprint, which publishes classic comic reprints, and Yoe! Books, a partnership with Yoe! Studio.
IDW’s critically and fan-acclaimed series are continually moving into new mediums. Currently, Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Disney are creating a feature film based on World War Robot, while Michael Bay‘s Platinum Dunes and Sony are bringing Zombies vs. Robots to film.
The world’s leading pop culture convention is set to begin in just over a month, and Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) will be back with a Bang at Comic-Con International: San Diego
in 2012. With a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series and the Studio’s massive, must-visit booth on the convention floor, WBTVG will once again deliver an Unforgettable experience for fans, with a packed schedule of screenings, panel sessions, autograph signings and media appearances.
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGSWEDNESDAY, JULY 11 • BALLROOM 20
- For the first time ever, The Big Bang Theory and Fringe panels will take place in Hall H!
- Note to fans: For the first time, the Fringe panel will be held on Sunday at Comic-Con 2012
- Hotly anticipated new series like Arrow, Revolution, 666 Park Avenue, Cult and The Following will all host panels, signings and screenings
- And more surprises to come…
- For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom, hashtag #WBSDCC, and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
- For a complete social media contact list, including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers, download the social media contacts page here: http://comiccon.thewb.com/2012/WBSDCC2012SocialMediaContacts
- Click here for series photography: http://comiccon.thewb.com/2012/WBSDCC2012Art
For the fifth straight year, WBTVG gets Comic-Con off to a dramatic start by hosting a special sneak peek, world premiere screening event on Preview Night.
This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see five of the most anticipated new drama series of the year, for the first time ever in public.
TV SERIES SCHEDULE
- 666 Park Avenue (Sundays 10/9c ABC): Lost’s Terry O’Quinn and Desperate Housewives’ Vanessa Williams headline this seductive drama from Alloy Entertainment as the owners of a Manhattan apartment building who recruit an idealistic young couple to manage the historic site where anything you desire can be yours … for a price.
- Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c The CW): From Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern), Marc Guggenheim (Green Lantern), Andrew Kreisberg (Warehouse 13, Fringe) and David Nutter (Smallville, Supernatural, Game of Thrones), this hard-hitting action series reinvents the DC hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime.
- Cult (Midseason The CW): In this visceral thriller from the creator of Farscape and the producers of Chuck, a bright and driven reporter teams up with an inquisitive television researcher to investigate a series of disturbing disappearances all tied to a wildly popular new television show called … Cult.
- The Following (Midseason Mondays FOX): Golden Globe winner/Emmy® nominee Kevin Bacon and Rome’s James Purefoy star in this cat-and-mouse thriller from Kevin Williamson (The Vampire Diaries) about a diabolical serial killer (Purefoy) and the psychologically scarred ex-FBI agent (Bacon) called in to stop him and the cult of serial killers he has created.
- Revolution (Mondays 10/9c NBC): In this epic adventure thriller from Supernatural’s Eric Kripke, J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Iron Man’s Jon Favreau, a family struggles to reunite in a post-apocalyptic landscape of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters where every single piece of technology — phones, computers, cars, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out … forever.
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional information on panel sessions, signings and other events will be provided as news breaks. Panel times will be announced in the coming weeks. THURSDAY, JULY 12
FRIDAY, JULY 13
- MAD (Mondays 8:45/7:45c Cartoon Network): Get a glimpse behind the MADness with MAD television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek. Room 6DE
- Nikita (Fridays 9/8c The CW): Series stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein. Room 6BCF6BCF
SATURDAY, JULY 14
- The Big Bang Theory (Thursdays 8/7c CBS): The Big Bang Theory gets even bigger —for the first time ever in Hall H! Series stars and executive producers will be on hand to answer burning questions (liftoff! handholding! was that really Mrs. Wolowitz?) and tease what’s to come in season six. Hall H
- Cult: Things get scary on Friday the 13th with stars Matt Davis, Jessica Lucas, Alona Tal and Robert Knepper joining executive producer Rockne S. O’Bannon. Room 6BCF
- 666 Park Avenue: Familiarize yourself with the luxurious, yet mysterious, New York City high-rise known as The Drake with series stars Terry O’Quinn, Rachael Taylor and Dave Annable joining executive producers David Wilcox (Fringe) and Matthew Miller (Chuck). Room 6BCF
- Arrow: Chills turn to thrills in this session when Arrow cast members, including Stephen Amell, join producers for a special pilot screening and discussion. Ballroom 20
- Childrens Hospital (returning in August, Adult Swim): Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producer Jonathan Stern join stars Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel, Megan Mullally, Henry Winkler and Ken Marino. Hilton San Diego Bayfront, Indigo Ballroom
SUNDAY, JULY 15
- The Vampire Diaries (Thursdays 8/7c The CW): Seductive stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder and more join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec. Ballroom 20
- The Following: Series stars Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy join executive producers Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega. Room 6BCF
- Person of Interest (Thursdays 9/8c CBS): The stars and creators of this Smash hit drama series discuss season one and give a sneak preview at what’s to come. Room 6BCF
- Revolution: Series stars Billy Burke, Giancarlo Esposito and Tracy Spiridakos join creator/executive producer Eric Kripke and director/co-executive producer Jon Favreau. Room 6BCF
- Supernatural (Wednesdays 9/8c The CW): Returning to Hall H are series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, joined by recurring guest stars Misha Collins, Jim Beaver and Mark A. Sheppard, as well as new executive producer Jeremy Carver and consulting producer Ben Edlund. Hall H
- Fringe (Fridays 9/8c FOX): Celebrating its upcoming fifth and final season, Fringe has its first-ever Sunday panel at Comic-Con … in Hall H for the first time. Series stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join the show’s executive producers for the panel. Hall H
- DC Nation (Saturdays 10:00–11:00 a.m. ET/PT Cartoon Network): Come get an exclusive sneak peek at what’s in store for this action-comedy packed programming block. Producers to be announced. Room 6BCF
Press Reease: WonderCon
, part of Comic-Con International’s (CCI) family of conventions, today announced that the 2012 show will be held March 16-18, and Anaheim, California, will play host to the long-running comics and popular arts convention. San Francisco’s Moscone Center, WonderCon’s traditional venue, will undergo renovations in early 2012, leaving the 25-year-old show in the unenviable position of either being canceled or finding a new venue.
In a move to help alleviate an overcrowded calendar, ReedPop’s C2E2, which has been waiting to announce dates for its own show in March 2012, will now seek alternative dates while Wizard World
has announced that it will postpone its April 2012 Anaheim show.
“It certainly was not our wish to move,” commented David Glanzer, director of marketing and public relations for the nonprofit event. “However, when faced with the prospect of canceling the show for a year or moving locations, after careful consideration we decided to keep WonderCon on the 2012 calendar at a venue that could accommodate our needs.”
“We fully understand the challenges of trying to secure dates at any venue, let alone one undergoing renovation,” said Lance Fensterman, Group Vice President of ReedPop. “In an effort to minimize the impact on exhibitors and attendees we are currently looking to shift C2E2 from our traditional March dates.”
Gareb Shamus, CEO of Wizard World offered a unique solution to offset any potential conflict for fans and exhibitors: “All of us who produce conventions know securing dates can often be a frustrating experience especially when you find yourself having to move to a new city.” Shamus continued, “Because of their long history, Wizard World has decided to accommodate WonderCon and postpone our April 2012 Anaheim show.”
“We appreciate the efforts of Lance and Gareb for going above and beyond in making the WonderCon transition more manageable,” said Glanzer.
Press Release: Comic-Con International: San Diego (Comic-Con)
, the largest comic book convention of its kind in the world, today announced the schedule for its 2011 Independent Film Festival (CCI-IFF). CCI-IFF 2011 will be held during Comic-Con – July 21 through July 24 at the Marriott Marquis and Marina, next door to the San Diego Convention Center (adjacent to Hall A).
The 2011 CCI-IFF offers a full schedule of some of the finest in genre films. Included in this year’s schedule is the return of the popular “Comic-Con Film School” panels on all four days, along with an assortment of other film-oriented panel discussions on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. A special opening night event, the “CCI-IFF Meet and Greet” gathering, will be held on Thursday, July 21, in the foyer outside the Festival room at the Marriott. This event is open to filmmakers, attendees, and interested fans from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
“This year’s festival includes films from across the globe, in addition to the United States” said David Glanzer, director of marketing and public relations for Comic-Con. “We are pleased to offer such a diverse slate to our attendees while also lending exposure to some very deserving filmmakers.”
The CCI-IFF celebrates independent film, with the emphasis on genre-related entries, including action/adventure, animation, comics-oriented, documentary (related to pop culture topics), horror/suspense, humor, and science fiction/fantasy. The Festival includes a special awards program on Sunday in Marriott Hall 1 & 2, beginning at 11:00 am. Sunday afternoon features rescreenings of the award-winning films. This year’s schedule of films has a decidedly international flavor, with submissions from Canada, China, Italy, Pakistan, Poland, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom.
The CCI-IFF is a juried event as respected individuals in the fields of film and popular arts view the submissions and decide which submissions will be included in the festival and those deserving of prizes and awards. The 2011 judges are:
Michael Gross was art director for such diverse publications as Esquire, Family Health, NY Scenes, and National Lampoon. After moving to Los Angeles in 1980, he art directed and produced films and television shows. His feature film producing credits include Heavy Metal (art director and associate producer), Ghostbusters (assoc. prod.), and Ghostbusters II, Twins, Beethoven, Legal Eagles, Kindergarten Cop, and Dave (all as producer or executive producer). His television credits as a producer include The Real Ghostbusters (ABC), Beethoven (CBS), and the prime time pilot, The First Gentleman for CBS. He also designed much of the advertising for those projects, including the famous “no ghost” logo for Ghostbusters.
Eric Vespe has been writing under the nom de geek "Quint" for 15 years at the movie geek mecca known as Ain't It Cool News. He like animals, hording Blu-Rays and DVDs, and long walks in the rain.
USC graduate Kevin Walsh has written for diverse genres across all media, including the feature The Rally for Warner Bros., the graphic novel Salem for BOOM! Studios, numerous comedy shorts for National Lampoon, and Padmé, chosen by George Lucas as the best Star Wars fan film of 2008. As a senior story analyst for DreamWorks, he has helped develop numerous projects, including Transformers, Cowboys & Aliens, Galaxy Quest, and Road to Perdition. Most recently, Kevin produced Marwencol, the winner of the 2010 CCI-IFF Judges’ Choice and Best Documentary awards; it also received two Independent Spirit Awards
and was cited by Rotten Tomatoes as the best-reviewed film of 2010.Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival 2011 Schedule:THURSDAY, JULY 21
10:00–11:00 Comic-Con Film School 101Action/Adventure
11:05–11:45 The Debt Collector (Writer: Nate Lane, Director: Alan David Morgan)
11:45–12:20 The Price (Writer: James St. Vincent, Directors: Zeke Pinheiro and James St. Vincent)
12:20–12:50 6gun (Writer: Basel Owies and Jeff Robinson, Director: Hebron Simckes-Joffe)
12:50–1:15 Red Princess Blues (Writer/Director: Alex Ferrari
1:15–2:05 Perspectives (Writer/Director: Tim Russ)
2:05–2:35 Mad Dog and the Flyboy (Writer/Director: Christopher Rausch)Animation
2:35–3:00 Bait (Writer/Director: Michael Moore)
3:00–3:25 Barko (Writer/Director: Allison Craig)
4:20–4:40 Dream Giver (Writer/Director: Tyler Carter)
4:40–5:05 Paths of Hate (Writer/Director: Damian Nenow)
5:05–5:25 Marvin (Writer/Director: Mark Nute)
5:25–6:10 Chaisson Rise of the Zerad (Writers: David Hoffman and Karyn Musch, Director: Kevin Ulrich)
6:10–6:25 Fei Tian (Writer/Director: Zhang Bin)
6:25–6:40 Secret of Mechanical City (Writer/Director: Jackie Liu)
6:40–6:55 The Wind of the Cypress Wind (Writer/Director: Christophe Peladan)
8:30–9:35 Port of Return (Writer: Mike Chang and his team, Director: Mike Chang)FRIDAY, JULY 22
10:00–11:00 Comic-Con Film School 102Comics-Oriented
11:05–11:40 The Kneaded Hero (Writer/Director: Alexis Villa)
11:40–12:05 Blue Blazes (Writer: Rick Rapher, Director: Mike Shields)
12:05–12:30 Secret Identity (Writer/Director: Tyler McIntyre)
12:30–1:00 The Dungeon Master (Writers/Directors: Rider and Shiloh Strong)
1:00–1:20 Out-Sorcery (Writers/Directors: Edward Chamourian and Richard Duryea)
1:20–1:50 I Knew an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly (Writer/Director: Paul Andrejco)
1:50–2:20 Eugene (Writer/Director: Mark Chaput)
2:20–2:50 Voodoo (Writer/Director: Mark Ratzlaff)
2:50–3:25 Repeat After Me (Writers: Daniel Page and Andrew Gumm, Director: Bryan Bangerter
5:05–5:35 April (Writer/Director: Mike Piccirillo)
5:35–7:05 Tracy (Writer/Director: Dan Scanlon)Horror/Suspense
7:05–7:35 Clemency Writers: (Chris Frazier and Joseph Albanese, Director: Joseph Albanese)
7:35–8:05 The Interrogation (Writer/Director: Harry Bainbridge)
8:05–8:35 Recollection (Writers: Federico D’Alessandro and Christopher Yeazel, Director: Federico D’Alessandro)
8:35–8:55 Last Seen on Dolores Street (Writer/Director: Devi Snively)
8:55–9:20 Write of Passage (Writer/Director: B.C. Jones)
9:20–9:55 Help Wanted (Writer/Director: Waylon Bacon)
9:55–10:45 Antidote for a Murder (Writer: Cristian Rojas, Director: Josh Blake)SATURDAY, JULY 23
10:00–11:00 Comic-Con Film School 103Science Fiction/Fantasy
11:05–11:45 The Man Who Knew How to Fly (Writer/Director: Robi Michael)
11:45–12:25 The Historian Paradox (Writer/Director: Deon H. Hayman)
12:25–1:05 New World Water (Writer/Director: J.R. Robinson)
1:05–1:30 Cockpit The Rule of Engagement (Writer/Director: Jesse Griffith)
1:30–2:00 Digital Antiquities (Writer/Director: JP Chan)
2:00–2:30 Android 413 (Writer/Director: William Wall)
2:30–3:10 Heal (Writer/Director: Mian Adnan Ahmad)
4:00–4:45 PANEL—TBAScience Fiction/Fantasy
4:50–5:20 Misdirection (Writer/Director: Doron Kipper)
5:20–5:50 The Unnatural (Writer/Director: Eric Day)
5:50–6:10 The Vortex (Writer/Director: Zach Johnson)Documentary
6:10–7:40 Superheroes (Writer: Theodore James and Michael Barnett, Director: Michael Barnett)
7:40–9:00 Comic Books Go to War (Writer/Director: Mark Daniels)
9:00–10:35 My Comic Shop DocumentARy (Writer/Director: Anthony Desiato)
10:35–11:00 To Romero With Love (Writer: Kiel Chenier, Director: Aaron Peacock)SUNDAY, JULY 24
10:00–11:00 Comic-Con Film School 104
11:05–11:55 CCI-IFF Awards PresentationDocumentary
12:00–1:40 Gahan Wilson Born Dead, Still Weird (Writer/Director: Steven-Charles Jaffe)
1:45–3:15 Award Winners ShowcaseAbout Comic-Con International:
Comic-Con International: San Diego (Comic-Con), the largest comic book convention of its kind in the world, is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to creating awareness of, and appreciation for, comics and related popular art forms, primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture. In addition to its San Diego convention each summer, Comic-Con organizes the San Francisco-based WonderCon each spring and the Alternative Press Expo each fall. On the web: Comic-Con.org
Press Release: Universal Media Studios
will premiere the innovative supernatural television series GRIMM at this year’s Comic Con International, offering attendees an opportunity to exclusively screen the pilot episode and participate in a Q&A with the cast and creators of the upcoming fantasy series on Saturday, July 23.
GRIMM, debuting on NBC this fall, is a provocative police procedural with supernatural mythology, inspired by the classic Grimm Brother’s Fairy Tales. With an original “crime-fighting meets story-telling” premise, the series promises a new world of police work where the cases have a storybook connection, but not always happily ever after.
The inventive drama hails from writers/executive producers Jim Kouf (“Angel) and David Greenwalt (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) and the producing team of Emmy Award winner Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner (‘Hot in Cleveland’) as executive producers.
Kouf and Greenwalt will join the full cast at the Comic Con premiere screening and panel including: David Giuntoli (“Turn The Beat Around”), Russell Hornsby (“Lincoln Heights”), Bitsie Tulloch (“Quarterlife”), Silas Weir Mitchell (“Prison Break”), Reggie Lee (“Persons Unknown”) and Sasha Roiz (“Caprica”). More details to be announced at a later date.
Grimm” is a production of Universal Media Studios and Hazy Mills Productions.
For embeddable clips and full episodes from NBC shows, please visit NBC.com's official show site: http://www.nbc.com/shows/
has today announced that badges that were returned (e.g. via refunds) will go back on sale. The date for the sale of these badges has not been confirmed as of yet but Comic-Con has promised to communicate the announcement via "new media". We will do our best to publish all details as soon as they are published. See the official post below:
[blockquote]The deadline for refunded badges was June 20, 2011. We will announce via our website, Facebook, Twitter and RSS feed when those refunded badges will go on sale. This is a soft opening so the announcement will be made on the day registration opens with about one hour prior notice.
At this time we expect to have 1,500 4-day badges available for purchase.
A number of attendees have brought to our attention the fact that many people purchasing 4-day badges are not planning to attend all four days, while many people who want to attend all four days are forced to buy single-day badges at a higher price. In response, Comic-Con will no longer be offering a discount for 4-day badge purchases. Instead, a 4-day badge and four single-day badges will be the same price. We hope that this change will encourage people to purchase only the days they will actually be attending, leaving additional badges for others who want to attend Comic-Con.
A 4-day adult badge without Preview Night will be sold at the non-discounted rate of $137 that includes a $6 reprocessing fee. Junior, Senior, and Military 4-day badges without Preview Night will be sold at the non-discounted rate of $68 each. You may purchase up to TWO 4-day badges only.
Single-day badges will be available at a later time.[/blockquote]
The clock is ticking, and Comic-Con is right around the corner! By bringing 16 series to Comic-Con International: San Diego
, Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) further strengthens its presence at the world’s leading pop culture convention — and will deliver a one-of-a-kind experience for fans in the process.The anticipation is building as a star-studded lineup of performers and producers from Warner Bros. Television and Warner Bros. Animation series prepare for a robust schedule of panel sessions, screenings, media appearances and autograph signings.
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.RETURNING FAVORITES
- “The Big Bang Theory”: Stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch join creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, and executive producer Steven Molaro
- “Chuck”: Stars Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky with Sarah Lancaster and Adam Baldwin join co-creator/executive producer Chris Fedak for a panel to discuss the fan-favorite spy series’ final season
- “Fringe”: Stars Anna Torv, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and John Noble join executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman
- “Nikita”: Stars Maggie Q, Shane West and Lyndsy Fonseca join executive producer Craig Silverstein
- “Supernatural”: Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles will topline the panel, held this year for the first time ever in Hall H. Additional cast members and executive producers to be announced.
- “The Vampire Diaries”: Stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Candice Accola and Joseph Morgan join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec
- “Childrens Hospital”: Star/executive producer Rob Corddry and executive producers Jonathan Stern join stars Malin Akerman, Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel and Megan Mullally
WARNER BROS. ANIMATION
- “Alcatraz”: Stars Sarah Jones and Jorge Garcia join executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff
- “Person of Interest”: Stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson and Taraji P. Henson join executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman
- “The Secret Circle”: Stars Britt Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Phoebe Tonkin and Natasha Henstridge join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson, Andrew Miller and Richard Hatem
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: Executive producer Bruce Timm will join producer Giancarlo Volpe and producer/story editor Jim Krieg for a panel moderated by executive producer/Warner Bros. Animation’s Sam Register
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, story editor Hugh Davidson and writer Rachel Ramras
- “MAD”: “MAD” television show producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek, along with MADmagazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano and “Spy vs. Spy” artist Peter Kuper
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: Supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone and producer Mitch Watson
- “ThunderCats”: Producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton
- “Young Justice”: Producers Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman, and lead character designer Phil Bourassa
Download additional panel details, including the complete schedule with times and locations, here:www.thewb.com/comiccon/2011WBSDCCPanels
And it wouldn’t be Comic-Con without a visit to the Warner Bros. booth. The Studio will once again have a can’t-miss, nearly 3,000-square-foot destination on the convention floor, at space #4545. Anchored by the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower, the booth is a must-visit location for autograph signings, multiple interactive kiosks for fans to play video games from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and much, much more. Stay tuned to @TheWBdotcom
on Twitter or www.thewb.com/comiccon
in the coming weeks for more details about activities at the booth.SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS?WEDNESDAY, JULY 20 • 6–9 PM • BALLROOM 20
WBTVG continues its Comic-Con tradition of hosting a special sneak peek premiere event on preview night. This year, the Studio is offering fans the opportunity to see some of the most anticipated new premieres of the year.
THE TV SERIES SCHEDULE
- “Alcatraz”: Executive producers J.J. Abrams and Elizabeth Sarnoff deliver a chilling new midseason drama for FOX revolving around America’s most infamous prison, the one-time home to the nation’s worst murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves and arsonists.
- “The Secret Circle”: The ordinary becomes extraordinary in this romantic drama about a coven of young witches, from “The Vampire Diaries” executive producer Kevin Williamson, based upon the book series by L.J. Smith (“The Vampire Diaries”).
- “Person of Interest”: From J.J. Abrams and “The Dark Knight” co-writer Jonathan Nolan comes an action-packed hour for CBS about an ex-CIA operative and a mysterious billionaire who team up to stop violent crimes before they happen in New York City.
- “Supernatural: The Anime Series”: The popular series “Supernatural” makes history this summer as the first-ever live-action show to be re-imagined in Japanese anime style. Renowned animation studio Madhouse — working with the full approval of series creator Eric Kripke — produced the anime series, which mirrors the story arc of “Supernatural’s” first two seasons, providing supplemental stories ranging from prequels and spin-offs to untold tales that fit within the “Supernatural” mythology.
FRIDAY, JULY 22
SATURDAY, JULY 23
- “MAD”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 25ABC
- “The Big Bang Theory”: 12:30–1:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Childrens Hospital”: 1:30–2:20 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”: 2:00–3:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “ThunderCats”: 3:30–4:30 p.m., Room 6A
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “Chuck”: 10:00–10:45 a.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Vampire Diaries”: 3:30–4:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Fringe”: 4:15–5:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “Alcatraz”: 5:00–6:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
- “The Secret Circle”: 5:10–6:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Nikita”: 6:00–6:45 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Person of Interest”: 6:45–7:30 p.m., Room 6BCF
- “Young Justice”: 10:00–11:00 a.m., Room 7AB
- “Supernatural”: 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m., Hall H
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated”: 1:00–2:00 p.m., Room 6A
- “The Looney Tunes Show”: 2:15–3:15 p.m., Room 6A
Press Release: Do you have what it takes to be a Greek God or Goddess? If so, then Relativity Media – the studio behind the visually spectacular 3D action adventure Immortals – wants you to sign up right away!
Exclusively offered via Facebook today, the Relativity-Archaia Immortals promotion sponsored by Fandango, the nation’s leading moviegoer destination, will crown the winners on July 1 with a king’s ransom-worth of prizes, including a grand prize where contest winners will be immortalized as graphic novel characters with the “reveal” taking place at the Archaia panel during Comic-Con in a special photo-op ceremony. Winners will also receive an all-expenses-paid trip to San Diego to attend the 2011 Comic-Con International. The package includes airfare, hotel accommodations, and exclusive access to special Immortals events throughout the convention.
Entrants will share their reasons why they are the perfect candidate to become the Greek God (Apollo) or Goddess (Artemis) via the Facebook application form. The top-10 entries (five women and five men) with the most “Likes” at the end of the contest period will be asked to submit “authentic” audition tapes for the roles to Relativity Media. The film’s celebrated Director Tarsem Singh
will select his two favorites (one man, one woman) and they will be crowned the winners.
Relativity Media and graphic novel publisher Archaia Entertainment, LLC formed a publishing partnership to produce and publish a hardcover graphic novel anthology based upon Relativity’s upcoming epic motion picture Immortals, which stars Henry Cavill (Superman: Man of Steel), Luke Evans (Robin Hood), Kellan Lutz (Twillight), Isabel Lucas (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen), Freida Pinto (Slumdog Millionaire), and Mickey Rourke
(Iron Man 2).
Archaia will release the Immortals: Gods and Heroes graphic novel in September, serving as a prelude to the 3D motion picture, which releases worldwide on November 11, 2011. The graphic novel will expand upon the film’s key characters and events through a series of original tales written and illustrated by some of the top names in comics, including David Mack (Kabuki), Ron Marz (Witchblade), Dennis Calero (Dark Tower) and Ben Templesmith (30 Days of Night). The graphic novel will be published through Archaia’s Black Label division, a publishing pipeline dedicated to working alongside creative professionals within the entertainment industry eager to launch and expand their brands in the publishing world.
Directed by Tarsem Singh (The Cell, The Fall) and written by Charles Parlapanides and Vlas Parlapanides, Immortals also stars Stephen Dorff (Public Enemies) and John Hurt (Hellboy).
The 3D epic is produced by Gianni Nunnari (300), Mark Canton (300), and Relativity’s CEO Ryan Kavanaugh (The Fighter), and will be distributed by Relativity Media worldwide. In the UK, Australia, and certain other territories, distribution is in association with Universal Pictures International
. In Immortals, the ruthless King Hyperion (Rourke) leads his bloodthirsty army on a murderous rampage across Greece to find a deadly weapon that will destroy humanity. A mortal chosen by Zeus named Theseus (Cavill) must lead the fight against Hyperion and his evil army with the fate of mankind and the Gods at stake.For more information on the contest, please visit:www.fandango.comwww.immortalsmovie.comwww.facebook.com/immortalshttp://twitter.com/ImmortalsFilmAbout Relativity Media, LLC
Relativity Media is a next-generation studio engaged in multiple aspects of entertainment including full-scale film and television production and distribution, the co-financing of major studio film slates, music publishing, sports management, and digital media. Additionally, the company makes strategic partnerships with, and investments in, media and entertainment-related companies and assets.
To date, Relativity has committed to, produced and/or financed more than 200 motion pictures. Released films have accumulated more than $15 billion in worldwide box office receipts. Relativity’s recent films include: Hop, Limitless, Battle: Los Angeles, Season of The Witch, Little Fockers, The Fighter, The Social Network, Salt, Despicable Me, Grown Ups, Dear John, It’s Complicated, Couples Retreat, and Zombieland. Upcoming films for Relativity include: Shark Night 3D
, Immortals, Anonymous, Bridesmaids, and Cowboys & Aliens. Thirty-six of the company’s films have opened to No. 1 at the box office. Relativity films have earned 60 Oscar® nominations, including nods for The Fighter, The Social Network, The Wolfman, Nine, A Serious Man, Frost/Nixon, Atonement, American Gangster and 3:10 to Yuma. Fifty-five of Relativity’s films have each generated more than $100 million in worldwide box-office receipts.
Relativity also owns and operates Rogue Pictures, a company that specializes in films targeted to the 13-25 year old audience, and RogueLife, Relativity’s digital studio which is developing original content for the Web, and creating sustainable online platforms and communities. RelativityREAL, Relativity’s television arm, is currently producing 14 series and more than 20 pilots including Police Women for TLC, Coming Home for Lifetime, and The Great Food Truck Race
for Food Network.About Archaia Entertainment
Archaia Entertainment, LLC is a multi-award-winning graphic novel publisher with more than 50 renowned publishing brands, including such domestic and international hits as Mouse Guard, Return of the Dapper Men, Gunnerkrigg Court, Awakening, The Killer, Days Missing, Tumor, Syndrome, Artesia, Engineer, and an entire line of The Jim Henson Company
graphic novels. Archaia has built an unparalleled reputation for producing meaningful content that perpetually transforms minds, building one of the industry’s most visually stunning and eclectic slates of graphic novels. Archaia was named Graphic Novel Publisher of the Year according to Ain’t it Cool News, Graphic Policy, and Comic Related, and was honored with nine 2011 Eisner Awards nominations. Archaia has also successfully emerged as a prolific storyteller in all facets of the entertainment industry, extending their popular brands into film, television, gaming, and branded digital media.